Nupur Sharma (Politician) Age, Caste, Husband, Family, Biography & many more are discussed on this page.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 161 cm|
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet inches– 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg|
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Political Journey||• Nupur Sharma has been active in politics since her college days in Delhi University. While studying at Delhi University, Nupur was elected as the president of the Delhi University Student’s Union (DUSU) on the ticket of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).|
• She has also been the youth ambassador of Teach for India (affiliated with Teach for America).
• Nupur has held various important posts in the BJP such as a member of National Executive Committee of BJP’s youth wing, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), National Media Co-In Charge of the BJYM, member of “Yuva,” Working Committee of BJP, and member of the State Executive Committee, BJP Delhi.
• She has been a BJP spokesperson and participated in various debates in the media to represent her party’s views.
• In the 2015 Delhi State Election, Nupur contested against AAP Chief, Arvind Kejriwal and veteran Congress leader Kiran Walia from New Delhi assembly constituency. However, she emerged as a runner-up in the Election.
|Date of Birth||23 April 1985|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Delhi Public School, Delhi|
|College/University||• Hindu College of University of Delhi, Delhi, India|
• London School of Economics, London, England
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduation (LLM)|
|Address||5-B, Girdhar Apartment, Firozshah Road, New Delhi-110001|
|Controversy||On 5 June 2022, Nupur Sharma was expelled from the primary membership of the Bharatiya Janata Party after she made derogatory remarks against Prophet Muhammad and the Muslim community during a TV debate. A statement released by the party read, |
The BJP strongly denounces insults of any religious personalities of any religion. The Bharatiya Janata Party is also against any ideology which insults or demeans any sect or religion. The BJP does not promote such people or philosophy. During the thousands of years of the history of India every religion has blossomed and flourished. The Bharatiya Janata Party respects all religions.
” Later, she unconditionally withdrew her statement and said that it was never her intention to hurt anyone’s religious feelings. On 9 June 2022, Delhi police registered a case against Sharma and few others for trying to disrupt public tranquillity and inciting people on divisive lines.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father– Vinay Sharma|
Mother– Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nupur Sharma
- Nupur has acted as Guest Editor for the national daily ‘The Times of India’ for its Republic Day Special edition in 2009.
- In March 2009, Hindustan Times featured her as one of the 10 Most Inspirational Women in the country.
- Nupur was a member of the delegation from India and BJP for the 2012 Indo-Pak American Council of Young Political Leaders (A.C.Y.P.L.) summit in the United States in July 2012.
- Nupur has engaged herself in welfare projects like the installation of water purifiers, solar lamps, and CCTV for campus security and successfully completed them during her tenure of the president of Delhi University’s Students Union.Nupur Sharma while attending a meeting.